PartnersAbout Us » Avon Teaching School Alliance » About Us » Partners
Avon TSA Partners
Types of partners
Strategic Partners, whether schools or universities, are expected to have the competence, a capacity and willingness to make a major contribution to the work of the Teaching School, working proactively to facilitate, support and evaluate the work of the alliance as well as helping to shape the future development of the Teaching School. It is expected that strategic partners will agree a level of responsibility for the strategic work of the Teaching School, attend termly board meetings and promote the Teaching School in the North Wiltshire community.
Strategic partners contribute 25p per student on roll on an annual basis.
The Strategic Partners for the Avon TSA include: the Athelstan Trust, Hardenhuish School, Sheldon School, Malmesbury Primary School, Trinity CE Primary School, Bath Spa University, University of Bristol.
Alliance Partners will have expressed an active interest in the work of the Teaching School. Our expectation is that alliance partners will work collaboratively and inclusively to achieve the aims and objectives of the Alliance by:
- Promoting the work of the Alliance in the schools’ wider community
- Considering how the work of the Alliance can be incorporated in their own School Improvement Plan
- Where appropriate, participating in the training opportunities that the Alliance offers
Avon TSA would offer its partners the following benefits:
- Access to a range of CPD events and programmes designed to support teachers at every stage of their career
- Opportunities for staff to actively contribute to system leadership as Specialist Leaders of Education
- Priority access to training courses at a subsidised rate
- Access through the Teaching School to NCTL funding
- Opportunities to work collaboratively with Alliance partners
- Opportunities to attend the Steering Group meetings on an ad hoc basis
Partner schools would contribute 50p per student on roll on an annual basis.